We are on a big journey at Waddle, pushing the boundaries of lending for small businesses. We started our journey five years ago, building an industry leading product to enable simple, quick and digital access to lending for small businesses. The product enables the client to manage their daily cash flow requirements to suit the way they manage their business and works hand and hand with cloud accounting software. Our product was so successful that we now enable other lenders in multiple markets to use the product for their own clients.
We were recently acquired by the global cloud accounting software company, Xero, who saw a beautiful connection between our purpose “making it easy for small businesses to access lending” and their purpose “helping small businesses to thrive worldwide”. When these purposes align, we’re not only helping small businesses, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
How you'll make an impact:
We are looking for support engineers with a broad range of skills who are interested in supporting a fantastic product for our users. As part of this client-facing role, you will have direct client involvement while working closely with our Engineering team.
You are highly analytical and methodical while working to solve product and operational problems.
The efforts put forth by this individual will directly impact the long-term success of our clients. This individual must have the passion and energy to work in a fast-paced environment and support the business. You should have a hunger for building product knowledge while leveraging existing technical skills.
You will be someone who’ll be excited to help us set a standard for Waddle Support as we scale our services to multiple clients in multiple regions around the world.
What you'll do:
- Support and maintain clients using the Waddle platform, resolving technical and non-technical issues according to our agreed SLAs
- Proactively monitor production environments for potential issues and drive corrective action to avoid adverse client impact
- Work collaboratively with a high performing team, providing insightful and constructive feedback to help everyone improve the stability of the platform
- Be involved in technical decisions and justifications in the team
- Work to build a clear picture of the operational problems to be solved, interacting with Waddle’s product team to understand their pain points and deliver effective solutions
- Continuous learning and development in the business domain and relevant technologies
- Identify and promote opportunities to extend and enhance the use of new technologies
- Waddle is lean and agile all the way through. We always start small and grow as we need, which applies to our code as much as it applies to our delivery process
- We have a flat leadership structure which means you can expect to be working with the founders on problems every day
Success Looks Like:
- A healthy production environment is maintained for our clients, ensuring no SLA breaches
- It’s understood that quality is a shared responsibility; your work passes peer reviews
- Quick responses and fixes to issues identified
- Agile processes are embraced and participated in by all team members
- Collaborating inclusively and effectively within and between teams to produce the best client outcomes
- Software continues to be delivered in fast, frequent increments following lean/agile principles, with a sound understanding of CI/CD best practices and a high degree of test automation
What you’ll bring with you:
- Excellent communication and networking skills – the ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Passion for troubleshooting production issues and debugging code, analysing the available data and finding the root cause of the problem
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable work, deliver real-world business outcomes and handle changing priorities
- A client-centric attitude and an always-curious approach to problem-solving
- Ownership and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with supporting AWS services and architectures
- Strong experience with databases (Aurora/MySQL)
- Comfortable with Linux
- Experience working with client support software such as JIRA Service Desk
- Experience with Java and Spring